Whether it is the holiday season, festival season, or just a vacation trip anytime of the year, Malaysia will be perfect for family travelers. There are various interesting places in and around Malaysia, as well as in its neighboring countries. People often choose a combo trip that includes two or more of these countries. If you are looking for family holiday destinations in this part of the world, you have come to the right place.
Top Places for a Family Vacation in Malaysia
Any of the major cities of Malaysia such as Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru, Genting Highlands, Melaka, Penang, islands of Langkawi, and other nearby islands, etc., should be the primary options for a family trip. Add in the multiple beaches across the country, you will find everything to have a memorable family vacation.
You will find various theme parks both indoors and outdoors available in all of these cities.
They vary from Legoland in Johor Bahru to the Sunway Lagoon Park in Kuala Lumpur, or the ESCAPE Park in Penang with the longest water slide and ziplining in the world. You can choose a suitable one appropriate for the kids’ age group. Here are some more options,
- Ipoh with its ancient buildings in Old Town ad the famous street art
- The tea estate is Cameron Highlands
- Penang, the city with a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Perhentian Islands with adventurous options including trekking.
- Sandakan, famous for the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
You might be interested in – Green Places to Visit in Malaysia
Family Holiday Destinations Around Malaysia
Malaysia is located in a prime location in Southeast Asia with Thailand and Singapore close to it for a multicountry tour. These are the most frequent choices for a visit to this part. The convenience of land, air, and water connectivity between these three countries make it easier for visitors.
Malaysia and Singapore are the favorite choices for family travel, especially for those with children. The journey from Singapore to Malaysia or vice versa is a 1-2 hr journey. Bus tickets online are the cheapest for such journeys between these countries. We will be looking at the famous tourist places in Singapore and Thailand that are ideal for a family vacation.
Though Singapore is a small country, it has quite a number of interesting places for families.
- Universal Studios is the best place in Singapore for family travelers. Located in Resorts World Sentosa, there are 28 rides and seven zones to explore. Visit here on a weekday during the school holidays.
- S.E.A Aquarium is known for the underwater world. The aquarium houses more than 2500 marine species living in more than 50 natural habitats.
- Kidzania offers the children role-play to have entertainment and education together while having fun.
- Wild Wild Wet Water Park is suitable for people of all ages.
- Singapore Zoo has 3000 species of birds, animals, reptiles, etc.
- Snow City for indoor skiing and fun playing in the snow.
Thailand and Indonesia
Ranging from fringed beaches to luxury resorts, both Thailand and Indonesia are the other two options for a family holiday destinations. You can comfortably travel from Malaysia to either of these countries via land, air, or water. Ferry journeys will be the cheapest and most exciting option that the children will enjoy. A few exciting places in these countries are listed below.
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean Park has several marine animals which you will be watching from the underwater passage.
- The ruins of Ayutthaya Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Thailand.
- Art in Paradise, a 3D art gallery is another interesting place where you can have loads of fun.
- Dream World theme park with various rides and miniatures of the seven wonders of the world.
- Karimun Jawa Islands in Indonesia to enjoy coral in the clear seawater.
- Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park in East Java with various zones
- Bali for the various beach locations including Ubud, Mount Batur, etc.
Book Bus Tickets Online for your Family Vacation
Once you reach any of these countries, you will find convenient transportation options like city buses and trains for convenient travel. Taxis and cabs can be a bit expensive here so many people rely on the public buses. The buses will be comfortable for the local trips. Intercity buses can be luxurious for a more comfortable journey.
You can comfortably book bus tickets to travel to Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia. Bus services are available for cross-border trips between Malaysia and Singapore as well. Bus tickets are cheap to help you save, especially for such family travel. Ferry tickets are also available for the various trips on the journey between islands or to the other country in and from Malaysia.
You can book bus tickets online within minutes on the redBus website/mobile application. You can also check all the details related to buses in Malaysia online while enjoying various discounts and benefits.