International Women’s Day 2021 is here, and as we looked at the trends, we found that solo female travel is astoundingly on a great rise in 2021. With skyrocketing bookings for women-only travel packages, the Google trend reports found 131% rise exclusively in the world interest for female-only trips. Now, is a solo trip a way for women to discover the ‘adventurer’ in them, or is the world becoming a better place for women? There’s a lot to discuss, but this 2021, if you want to wish yourself and all the ‘Wanita cantik’ a ‘happy women’s day,’ going on a women-only trip wouldn’t be a bad idea.
Women’s Day will be celebrated on 8 March, but we, at redBus, the best portal for bus tickets online, believe that every day is a women’s day. Therefore, we’ve brought you a guide on some of the motivational trips you can have with your girl gang anytime in 2021 and celebrate womanhood. Take a look at this list, and yes, Happy Women’s Day to You! 😃
Challenge Yourself – Go on a Hiking Trip
Have you experienced an adrenaline flood in your blood pumping and asking you for an adventurous escape? Then why do you remain in one place? On Women’s Day 2021, challenge yourself and take your girl gang on a hiking trip across the Malaysian hills and forests. From easy to moderate and difficult, Malaysia has several hiking trails. Choose what suits you, and you are sure not just to develop a bond with nature but also to experience a life of balance!
Best Hiking Trails For Women:
- Panorama Hill (Hiking Duration: 45 min)
- Rainbow Waterfall, Sungai Lembing (Hiking Duration: 1 hour for one way)
- Mount Pulai, Johor (Hiking Duration: 2 hours by road)
- Mossy Forest, Cameron Highlands (Hiking Duration: 30 min to 1 hour)
Enjoy a Relaxing Holiday in a Spa Resort
How many times do you forget to pamper yourself while fulfilling your responsibilities as a woman? This Women’s Day, treat yourself to a spa vacation at one of the beautiful spa resorts in Malaysia. From small Ayurvedic establishments to luxury abodes with a picturesque view, Malaysia has it all.
Where can you go?
- Shangri – La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa – Penang
- Pangkor Island Beach Resort – Pangkor Island, Perak
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa – Langkawi
- Spa Village, The Ritz-Carlton – Kuala Lumpur
Go on a Spiritual Spree and Attain Mental Peace
Be it a work-life balance or the postpartum period, 1 in every 7 women in the world suffers from depression. And, as the International Women’s Day brings the theme of #EachForEqual, working on the mental health issue becomes a priority. Be it Buddhist and Hindu Temples, serene mosque complexes, forest retreats, and meditation centers, Malaysia has places where women can spend some time and feel refreshed.
Peaceful Places to Visit on Women’s Day:
- Batu Caves – Selangor
- St. Mary’s Cathedral – Kuala Lumpur
- Jamek Mosque – Kuala Lumpur
- Perhentian Islands
Take a Food Tour Across Penang on Trishaw
Are you a foodie? How about taking a gastronomic tour of Malaysian food in Penang, that too on a trishaw! Sounds wonderful, right? The tastes and traditions of Penang are world-famous, and experiencing this is one of the ways to wish yourself a ‘happy women’s day!’ Just take a trishaw, Malaysia’s traditional mode of transportation, and go on tour to places like Nasi Kandar, Toh Soon Cafe, Ming Xiang Tai Pastry, and Penang’s roadside hawker centers.
What to taste: Penang Char Kuay Teow, Charcoal-grilled bread with Kaya, Teochew Chendul, Laksa, Chicken feet.
Rejuvenate Yourself with Greenery at Cameron Highlands
The sight of lush greenery at Cameron Highlands is the best gift you can have this women’s day. Since 8 March is Sunday, you can plan a weekend trip from your place to Cameron Highlands and explore its 71,000 ha area the way you want.
Top activities you can enjoy at Cameron Highlands:
- Walking on jungle paths and sighting wildlife
- Visiting strawberry farms and picking strawberries
- Clicking breathtaking pictures of the Boh Tea Plantation
- Buying regional fruits and souvenirs from local markets
A few tips to follow:
- Research well. Although we’ve listed some of the safest places to travel for you, it would be a good idea to research the weather condition, ticket price, and accommodation, especially if you are traveling solo.
- Book your travel in advance. A last-minute hurry can spoil all your travel dreams. You can book a safe bus travel by logging on to redBus and choosing your bus ticket online in advance.
- Keep both an online map and a printed one. While Malaysia has good connectivity, your internet connection may ditch you. So, to avoid the doldrum, just keep a printed map of the places.
- Be in touch with your loved ones! That’s the most important point we would like to mention. Since solo travel or traveling in a small group of girls might be a new experience for some of you, keep your loved ones posted about your safety.
redBus, the best portal for booking a online ticket bus, honors every woman around the world and her contribution. Let’s celebrate this International Women’s Day by exploring new destinations, new opportunities, and new motivation!
Happy Women’s day!