Genting Highlands is a hill station situated near the state border between Pahang and Selangor, Malaysia. Genting Highlands buses like GO Genting bus & others are preferred a lot by people for conveyance. A lot of tourists come to this place to enjoy nature, and the climate of Genting Highlands is always below 25 degrees. There are a lot of theme parks, casinos, resorts in Genting Highlands, and people visit this place via car or by bus. One can also take a cable car to Genting Highlands.
People usually take a bus from various cities of Malaysia to Genting Highlands. Due to a larger number of people visiting Genting Highlands, one will find frequent bus services from different cities of Malaysia to Genting Highlands. One can check for the timings of Genting Highlands bus via redBus mobile application/website. Read on to know more about exploring Genting Highlands by a bus.
Top Routes to Genting Highlands
One can find buses from their source city to Genting Highlands via redBus. People visit Genting Highlands by bus from various cities of Malaysia, the top operators on this route are:
• Singapore to Genting Highlands – The greatest number of tourists in Malaysia come from Singapore only. The distance of this route is around 401 KM, and a lot of service providers are servicing this route on redBus. The first bus from Singapore to Genting Highlands on redBus leaves at 05:45 AM, and the last Genting Highlands bus leaves at 11:45 PM.
• Penang to Genting Highlands – The distance of this route is around 340 KM, and you can find frequent buses on this route which will take around four and a half hours to cover this route. The first Genting Highlands bus on redBus leaves from Penang at 06:30 AM, and the last bus to Genting Highlands leaves at 11:15 PM.
• Kuala Lumpur to Genting Highlands – Kuala Lumpur is the capital city of Malaysia and is just 55 KM from Genting Highlands. You can find buses for this route on redBus, or you can book a car/taxi. The first bus to Genting on redBus leaves at 07:00 AM from Kuala Lumpur and the last Genting bus leaves at 07:00 PM.
• Johor Bahru to Genting Highlands – The distance of this route is around 378 KM, and it takes 4-5 hours to cover this route by bus. The first Johor Bahru to Genting Highlands bus on redBus leaves from Johor Bahru at 07:00 AM, and the last Genting Highlands bus leaves at 09:15 PM.
Operators Servicing this Route
Many operators provide Genting Highlands bus services from different cities. The most prominent operators on this route are:
• Go Genting
• Five Stars Express
• Konsortium Express
Cable Car in Genting Highlands
After taking KL Sentral to Genting Highlands bus or Pudu Sentral to Genting Highlands bus, one can enjoy a skyway ride uphill. The aforementioned Go Genting bus operator also provides cable car services in Genting Highlands. This cable car visits some prominent tourist attractions of Genting Highlands, and you can stop at those places and visit that place for some time. The skyway car ticket can also be booked along with bus tickets online to Genting Highlands via redBus. The cable car lets you explore Genting Highlands in a better way, and you will visit top tourist attractions without any hassle.
The cable car journey of Go Genting is 3.4 KM long and you will pass through the forest near Genting Highlands and will also visit Chin Swee Cave Temple on your way. The cable car journey begins from the Awana Station in Genting Highlands. One can check the cost of the Go Genting cable car or Go Genting bus via redBus mobile application/website.
Things to do in Genting Highlands
The top things to do in Genting Highlands are as follows:
• Visit the Genting theme parks. There are many theme parks in Genting Highlands with attractive rides like a roller coaster, water slides, etc. The theme parks in Genting Highlands have rides for kids as well as adults, and it is fun to go with your family/friends. You can enjoy your day at Genting theme parks.
• During the night, you can visit night clubs in Genting Highlands. A lot of night clubs are open at night in Genting Highlands, and people come there to dancer to music. One should try dancing at the height of 1800 metres in Titiwangsa mountains where Genting Highlands is situated.
• Visit the Chin Swee Cave Temple while you are in Genting Highlands. This temple is a pilgrimage site of the Taoist community and is dedicated to Master Chin Swee who was a prominent religious leader. The beautiful architecture of this temple and the marvellous Chin Swee black statue in the temple attracts a lot of people.
• You can also go shopping at different plazas in Genting Highlands and can buy yourself a souvenir. There are also great eateries in Genting Highlands. One can also try going to a haunted adventure virtually created to give you feel. These haunted houses can be found in plazas of Genting Highlands.
• One can also go for trekking or walking in the mountains and cliffs near Genting Highlands. The Titiwangsa mountain is surrounded by a tropical rainforest which is very old. The lush green vegetation and beautiful nature is a treat to watch on this mountain.
• Try Go Genting cable car after arriving in a Go Genting bus at Genting Highlands for a top view of the rainforest. It will give you a wonderful experience, and you will be able to visit prominent places in Genting Highlands.
• Don’t forget to visit the Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation Centre while in Genting Highlands. There are around 500 elephants in this conservation centre and is one of the most visited places in Genting Highlands.
Benefits of Travelling to Genting Highlands by Bus
You will get to see the mountains, lush green forest on the route to Genting Highlands, and bus to Genting Highlands is the prominent means of transportation to Genting Highlands. It is better if you have booked your Genting bus ticket via redBus because redBus Safety+ buses take necessary precautions against the recent Covid-19 scenario. redBus also provides you with an excellent bus tracking feature via its mobile application.
This was all about exploring Genting Highlands by bus. You can also explore Genting Highlands via cable cars which is a thrilling ride. Grab your bus to Genting Highlands now!