Indonesia has many beautiful islands that offer fantastic scenic views. Among them, the Riau Islands province is a tourist hotspot. The Islands consist of more than 1700 exotic islands. You can travel to some of the beautiful islands in the Riau Islands province via a ferry. Ferry services are available from various Southeast Asian countries to multiple islands of Indonesia. Sindo Ferry is a popular operator that provides ferry services from Singapore to three main islands of the Riau Province: Batam, Bintan, and Tanjung Pinang. There are various resorts and beaches on these islands which attract a lot of tourists annually.
Batam city (Batam Island), Riau province’s biggest city, has a tropical climate suitable for island hopping. You can also travel to Bintan Island which is adjacent to Batam Island.
About Sindo Ferry
PFS (Penguin Ferry Services) has provided conveyance services for 39 years until 2011. Sindo Ferry was formed due to the acquisition of PFS in 2011. Since then, Sindo Ferry has grown to become one of the top ferry operators in Southeast Asia. They have a well-maintained fleet of 16 ferries with different seating capacities. Sindo Ferry is a member of a group formed by regional companies that brings together more than 20 years of experience.
Many tourists who come to Southeast Asia prefer to travel via Sindo Ferry due to their on-time and quality service. You will find ferry services at affordable rates and flexible timings. Sindo Ferry offers ferry online ticket booking service via redBus.
Sindo Ferry Terminals
The two ferry terminals in Singapore from where you can board a Sindo ferry to Indonesian islands are as follows:
- Harbourfront Center
- Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
The ferry terminals in Bintan Island for ferries to/from Singapore are as follows:
- Batam Center Ferry Terminal
- Sekupang Ferry Terminal
- Waterfront Ferry Terminal
The ferries to Bintan Island arrive at Tanjung Pinang. Ferries to Singapore are also available from Tanjung Pinang. Sindo Ferry also provides ferry services to Tanjung Balai (Indonesia).
Some of the prominent routes provided from Singapore to various Indonesian islands by Sindo Ferry are as follows:
- Harbourfront Center to Batam Center Ferry Terminal – The first Sindo ferry on this route departs from Harbourfront Center at 8 AM, and the last ferry leaves at 9:50 PM. This route is covered by Sindo ferries in around 55 minutes.
- Harbourfront Center to Sekupang Ferry Terminal – The first Sindo Ferry on this route departs from Harbourfront Center at 8:30 AM while the last ferry departs at 6:10 PM. There are more ferries on this route, but their timings are subject to confirmation. You can check the current number of available ferries on this route via the redBus mobile application or website. The travel duration of this route is approximately 45 minutes.
- Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal to Tanjung Pinang – The first Sindo Ferry on this route leaves from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal at 8:40 AM, and the last ferry departs at 6:20 PM. The travel duration of this route is around 2 hours. A one-way Sindo Ferry ticket price for an adult on this route is SGD 22, and that for a child is SGD 17.
- Harbourfront Center to Waterfront Ferry Terminal – A Sindo ferry from Harbourfront Center to Waterfront Ferry Terminal leaves at 11:30 AM. Two more Sindo ferries operate on this route on public holidays. The travel duration of this route is approximately 50 minutes.
- Harbourfront Center to Tanjung Balai – This route’s travel duration is around 1 hour and 30 minutes. The first ferry departs from Harbourfront Center at 11:40 AM, and the last ferry leaves at 6:20 PM.
Note – All the timings above are according to the Singapore time. Ferries from various Indonesian islands to Singapore are also available on redBus. You can book a two-way Sindo Ferry ticket on the redBus mobile application or website.
Places to Visit
Some of the beautiful Indonesian islands are as follows:
- Batam Island – Batam island is known for its exotic beach locations and seafood. Some of the prominent places to visit on Batam Island are Tua Pek Kong Temple, Barelang Bridge, Abang Island, Vietnam Village, Ocarina Beach, Batam Grand Mosque, etc.
- Bintan Island – Bintan is the perfect place for adventure buffs as there are many resorts on this island. Some of Bintan Island’s major attractions are Trikora Beach, 500 Lohan Temple, Penyengat Island, White Sands Island, Bintan Desert, Mount Bintan, etc.
- Tanjung Balai – Tanjung Balai is a great place for a vacation due to its beautiful landscapes. Some of the most visited attractions of Tanjung Balai are Pongkar Beach, Pantai Pelawan, Ketam Beach, Timun Beach, Gading Beach, etc.
How to book ferry tickets with redBus?
You have to download the redBus mobile application or navigate to the official website to book ferry tickets online. Follow the steps mentioned below-
- Enter your boarding and drop-off terminals on the ferry booking page and select between a one-way or two-way journey.
- Enter your boarding time and return time (for two-way ticket) and select the number of child and adult passengers. Sindo Ferry has lower ticket rates for children between 2 to 12 years of age.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button on the homepage after entering the details mentioned above. Enter the passenger information and contact information on the subsequent pages.
- Complete the payment process to receive your online Sindo Ferry booking.
You can compare the timings and fare of various ferries on redBus and book affordable ferry tickets. You can also access the Sindo Ferry schedule or Sindo Ferry timetable on redBus for free.
Visiting these beautiful Indonesian islands will help you in discovering the shoreline of the country. You can see the exotic beaches, diving points, landscapes, etc., of these islands.
Plan a trip and book your ferry tickets to these amazing Indonesian islands!
You may be interested in reading – Sunway Lagoon – All You Need to Know